The Gael Online

Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Wells on the Court

Google

Wells on the Court

Taylor Doolan, Staff Writer

For Nicole Wells, being a part of the basketball team is more than just playing games. It’s about making memories and making each season count. The basketball team has faced many tough losses this season, but it hasn’t stopped them from being a close-knit family. Captain Wells knows it’s important not to dwell on the losses, but look towards the future and come back as a stronger team.

Not focusing on their losses is one of the qualities that makes Wells a good captain. She tries to make her teammates feel good. “I try to listen and be patient with my teammates. Also, I try not to let them focus on the losses but the games ahead.”  Wells said that her favorite part about being captain is that she can be someone that the other girls look up to and can talk to, and that she can be there for her teammates.

Wells has been playing basketball since third grade. She plays shooting guard for the high school team. Wells said that her friend, Sivan Tepper, initially had to force her to join the high school team, which is ironic, she joked, because now she has to encourage Tepper to play. Wells’s favorite part of being on the basketball team, she said, is the fact that there is no drama like there is in other sports. The players are a family, and have each other’s backs. Her most memorable basketball season was her sophomore year because the team made it to States and she was very close with all of the seniors.

Wells’ college plans don’t include collegiate basketball, but she said she will most likely play in clubs. There are many things that Wells is going to miss about the high school team, including dressing up for games, and being able to do something that she likes to do every day. Wells will especially miss her fellow teammates, she said, because they spend countless hours on and off the court together.

Wells encourages her fellow basketball players to always strive to become better, not to let anything hold them back, and to always focus on the positives and never on the negative.

Google
Wells on the Court

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

After the Bell

2016 Oscars Winners

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Archive

The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Archive

TEAM Inc.

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Archive

One Year From Now: A Snapshot

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Archive

7 Must-See Movies During the Holiday Season

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Archive

AMA’S 2015 Winners

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Archive

Syrian Refugee Crisis

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Archive

Primetime Emmy Awards 2015: Full List of Winners

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Archive

A Taste Of Italy

• Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court

Archive

World Language Honors Society Induction

The Student News Site Of Shelton High School
Nicole Wells: On and Off the Court