The Gael Online

Season of Giving

Mary Lewis, Business Editor

The holidays are a time where many organizations need extra volunteers. Volunteering is a great way to help your local organizations. The Spooner House on Todd Road in Shelton, is a great place to help out. You can donate food to the food bank or donate to Operation Holiday. Operation Holiday helps local families who need extra assistance around the holidays. You can donate meal baskets filled with one box of instant potatoes, two packages of gravy, a box or bag of stuffing mix, a can of cranberry sauce, four cans of vegetables, pie crust mix, pie filling, a can evaporated or powdered milk, one jar of pickles, two cans of olives, canned fruit, coffee or tea, powdered juice mix, and some extra items such as napkins, sugar, corn bread and biscuit mix. This is just a small way to help others locally.

Team Inc. also offers multiple ways to help. The Annual TEAM Toys 4 Kids toy drive is a great way to help out. To help out you can become a toy collection site, donate an unwrapped toy for ages 12 and under, make a monetary donation, and even donate your time to the organization.

Helping locally is a small but effective way to help the community. Volunteer organizations typically need more help around the busy times of the holidays.

If you would like to volunteer at the Spooner House contact Development Officer Kate Pipa: [email protected] or 203-225-0453 (Ext. 102)

For Team Inc., contact Trish Wigglesworth at 203-736-5420 (Ext. 221) or email: [email protected]

The Student News Site Of Shelton High School
Season of Giving