The Gael Online

The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

Taken from Google Images

Gotta Catch ‘em All! For 20 years, Pokémon has captured the hearts of children everywhere with its cute monsters for fans to fall in love with and easy-to-learn gameplay. For many children, the sight of a Pikachu brings instant nostalgia to their own journeys in the Pokémon world. February marked the 20th anniversary of the franchise that started with the original games for the Game Boy. In order to celebrate this monumental occasion, Nintendo and Game Freak have decided to release the original three games, Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow, for download on the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS. In addition, they have also released special edition Nintendo 2DS consoles with a different game included on each version, as well as special edition Nintendo 3DS consoles for only Pokémon Red and Blue.

Unknown-2                                                                                          Unknown

Finally, the next big games have been announced for the Pokémon franchise, including Pokémon GO! This revolutionary new gaming experience brings the enjoyment of Pokémon to the real world. Using a mobile device, players can find and capture Pokémon in real-life locations. In addition, a new device known as Pokémon GO Plus is also in development that will allow players to enjoy the game without looking at their phone. According to the Pokemon website, the device connects to the smartphone via Bluetooth and notifies the player about events in the game using an LED and vibration. In addition, players can catch Pokémon or perform other simple actions by pressing the button on the device. The game is slated for release in 2016, however the specific date has yet to be announced. Whenever it is released, it is clear that the game will continue the Pokémon legacy for years to come.

Unknown-3                                                                                                    Unknown-4 Photos taken from Google Images

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

After the Bell

2016 Oscars Winners

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

Archive

TEAM Inc.

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

Archive

One Year From Now: A Snapshot

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

Archive

7 Must-See Movies During the Holiday Season

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

Archive

AMA’S 2015 Winners

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

Archive

Syrian Refugee Crisis

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

Archive

Primetime Emmy Awards 2015: Full List of Winners

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

Archive

A Taste Of Italy

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

Archive

World Language Honors Society Induction

• The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon

News

AP World Debuts

The Student News Site Of Shelton High School
The 20th Anniversary of Pokémon